These fresh blueberry muffins are a great way to start (or end!) a busy day! Better yet… they contain NONE of the top 8 allergens if you choose the flax egg replacement and a dairy-free gluten-free flour blend!
- Flax egg replacement (Combine 1 tablespoon flax seed into 3 tablespoons of room temperature water. Let sit for 8 minutes.) —OR— use 1 large Egg.
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum (Omit if you are using a flour with xanthan gum included in it.)
- dash of salt
- 1 3/4 cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Once flax egg is thickened, add flax mixture, oil, sugar to a mixing bowl. Blend on low speed or by hand.
- In a seperate bowl, combine baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt and flour. Once combined, slowly add flour to the mixing bowl with the flax and oil.
- Add almond milk and applesauce to the mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the blueberries by hand.
- Pour into 12 equal portions into lined muffin/cupcake cups. Bake at 350º for about 20-25 minutes.
I personally used Cup 4 Cup Gluten Free Flour in this recipe. Please note that if you want your recipe to be completely allergen-free, you will need to use another brand of gluten-free flour. This particular brand contains milk powder as an ingredient in the blend.